Punjab Engineering College University of Technology [PEC], Chandigarh
Deemed to be University,
Director - 0172-2753051, Deputy Director - 2753052, Registrar - 2753055,
Sector -12 Chandigarh - 160012 Chandigarh , India
PEC Admission 2022-23 | Punjab Engineering College University of Technology UG & PG Course Last Date
Punjab Engineering College (PEC Chandigarh) is a university of engineering located in Chandigarh, Punjab, India. The institute was established in 1921 and affiliated to the Panjab University Chandigarh. The institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The college campus is spread over the area of 146 acres. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in the field of Engineering. The institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D. in various specializations. The NIRF ranked the institute 68th among other engineering colleges in India in 2020.
- Hostel for both girls and boys
- Computer Lab and Laboratories for other departments
- Hospital/Medical Facilities
- Sports Facilities: Badminton court, Cricket ground, Swimming pool, Yoga, Table Tennis, Football ground, etc.
- Wi-Fi Campus
PEC Admission 2022-23
1.Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
• Duration: 4 years
• Eligibility: Must have cleared 12th board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 75% marks from a recognized board.
• Admission Criteria: Based on JEE Main followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) counselling.
• Specializations Offered: Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Production and Industrial Engineering and Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
• Seats Intake:
• Fee Details: Rs. 6.39 lakhs
2. Master of Technology (M.Tech)
• Duration: 2 years
• Eligibility: B.E/B.Tech degree in related field from a recognized university.
• Admission Criteria: Based on GATE followed by CCMT counselling
• No. Of Specializations offered: 14
• Seats Intake: 30 seats in Computer Science and Engineering, 20 seats in VLSI Design, 30 seats in Electrical Engineering, 20 seats in Structural Engineering, 20 seats in Environmental Engineering, 20 seats in Transportation Engineering, 30 seats in Mechanical Engineering, 20 seats in Water Resources Engineering, 20 seats in Industrial Material and Metallurgy, 30 seats in Information Security, 18 seats in Industrial Design, 30 seats in Electronics Engineering, Total Quality Management and 20 seats in Production and Industrial Engineering
• Fee Details: Rs. 1.25 lakhs - Rs. 1.58 lakhs
3. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
• Duration: 5 years
• Eligibility: Master’s degree in related stream with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.
• Admission Criteria: Based on GATE/NET and interview round
• Specializations Offered: Civil Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, Material and Metallurgical Engineering, Production Engineering, Production and Industrial Engineering
• Fee Details: Rs. 58,000